OCTOBER 03, 2008 Keeping in mind that the impartiality, neutrality and judicial conscience of National Information Commission should regularly be scrutinized as it is the public body having open access to all information and records of the State, Freedom Forum has registered an application demanding official information about the Commission and its office-bearers as per the Right to Information (RTI) Act-2008.
It is the genuine public concern since the Commission is the authorized body to promote and enforce Right to Information (RTI) and to dispense justice when public concern information are not provided on demand. Likewise, it is assumed that office-bearers of the Commission should not live up to active professional and political life even after the completion of their term.
But, it has come to the public about the involvement and affiliation of Chief Commissioner and Commissioners to in sectors. It has raised numerous queries on the image, judiciary responsibility and neutrality of the Commission. In this connection, the Forum realize that it is the responsibility of the organization constantly advocating for the RTI to show right path to the Commission and its office-bearers
In this course, Freedom Forum has requested the Commission in writing to provide information on the following issues concerning office-bearers within 15 days.
• Details of property owned by Chief Commissioner and Commissioners.
• Designation and responsibility taken up in any organizations they are affiliated to.
• Affiliation and responsibility shouldered up in any media.
• Position if s/he is affiliated to any political parties and their organizations and associations.
• Monthly remuneration they entitle to get from the Commission.
• Other income sources.
For more information,